ECTE MCP accreditation should not be confused with ECTE institutional and programme accreditation.
If you are not quite sure about what micro-credentials are, here is a brief presentation video. For a more thorough introduction, consider the ICETE Academy course The Micro-credential Revolution or the Micro-credential provider Orientation course.
Guidelines and information
- Micro-credential Providers Standards and Guidelines. This core document includes the criteria, procedures and standards for being accredited as a Micro-Credential Provider.
- EQA for MPC. The External Quality assurance for Micro-credential Providers Policy applies ESG 2 (External Quality Assurance – EQA), ESG 3.4 (thematic analysis), ESG 3.6 and ESG 3.5 (Resources), to ECTE’s micro-credential provider accreditation activity (MCP accreditation). This document is to be read in conjunction with ECTE’s general internal quality assurance policy (see Part 4 of Introducing the ECTE) and other ECTE policies and guidelines.
- Micro-credential Provider fees: see ECTE Fees
- MCP Directory. The Micro-credential Provider Directory will list all providers that have been successfully accredited. The MCP directory will be active from Winter 2023.
- Micro-credential Provider Eligibility Check, to be used by candidate providers to verify whether they are bone fide cases for MCP accreditation
- Micro-credential Provider Application, to be used by providers to initiate the MCP accreditation process once the eligibility check has been passed.
- Micro-credential Provider Self-Evaluation Report, this digital form is to be used by providers to submit their SER in view of their review.
- Micro-credential Design Template, to be used as a tool to design micro-credentials
- Micro-credential Certificate Template, to be used in summarising the information needed on micro-credential certificates.
- For an introduction to micro-credentials consider the ICETE Academy course The Micro-credential Revolution
- If you are planning to pursue MCP accreditation with the ECTE, you will be required to complete the Micro-credential provider Orientation course as part of your orientation.
- 8-10 March, 2024 – a Micro-credential Provider launch event will be held in Albania to equip all MCP accreditation applicants.