In 2019 the Council of the ECTE decided to discontinue the production of the ECTE Manual and to replace it with a series of documents corresponding to specific topics. The entire collection of these documents related to quality assurance standards, guidelines and procedures related to ECTE membership and evaluation services can be found at http://ecte.eu/qa/.
The main procedural guidelines are found in the document Criteria and Procedures for ECTE Accreditation. The official accreditation standards are instead found in the document Standards and Guidelines for ECTE Accreditation.
There are, however, various specific issues related to accreditation that need specific guidelines. This section features supplemental guidelines that schools should refer to in their accreditation processes.
- Guidelines for Programme Design and Using ECTS
- Guidelines for Internal Quality Assurance Policies
- Guidelines for Dual and Joint Accreditation
- Guidelines for Information Packages
- Guidelines for Special Access
- Guidelines for the Diploma Supplement
- Guidelines for Distance and Online Programmes (under revision)
- Guidelines for producing a SER (under revision)
- Guidelines for the Recognition of Formal, non-Formal and Informal Learning (under revision)
- Guidelines for Visitations (under revision)