1. Membership Fees
- Regular membership: 350 € per year
- Associate membership: 350 € per year
2. Accreditation Fees
- Institutional Accreditation: 650€ per year
- Programme Accreditation: 150€ per programme per year
- Yearly Student fee for students in accredited programmes: 40€ per student per year (this will increase to 50€ per student in 2022).
Calculating student numbers: If an institution has a substantial number of part-time students they may calculate the full-time-equivalent (FTE) for them by adding all ECTS-credits earned by part-time students and dividing this total amount by 60 (=1 year of full-time studies), then submitting the figure of FTE along with the general head count. Depending on how institutions keep track of student credits it may take a lot of time and effort to calculate the FTE for part-time students and institutions can also choose to simply submit the head count for both full-time and part-time students.
Institutions must use the Annual Progress Report to report student numbers.
3. Visitation fees
- Onsite visits: €2.000 plus reimbursement of VET travel expenses.
- Online visits: €2.500
The visitation fees above assume three VET members on each visit, but an additional €450 will be invoiced should there be the need for a fourth team member for more complex visits (e.g. multiple programmes, various delivery modes or extension centres/satellite campuses).
Institutions will be invoiced by the ECTE who will, in turn, disburse the honoraria and travel reimbursements to the VETs. No direct financial transactions will occur between institutions and the VET panel members.
Other visitation fees include:
- Orientation visit (requested by institution): €200, plus travel costs and €100 personal expenses for each team member.
- Courtesy visit (suggested by ECTE): no Fee charged (team members should claim travel costs and €100 personal travel expenses for the ECTE).
Outstanding fee policy
No visits will be authorised for institutions which are one year or more behind with their payments of fees. Institutions which have a strong case for reduction of fees due to un-usual financial constraints should appeal to council for this with supporting documentation and these will be considered on a case by case basis. Institutions or organizations which are two years or more behind with their payments of fees will receive a formal notice, after which their membership and accreditation will be suspended. If, after being suspended for two years, institutions have still not settled their arrear payments, their membership and accreditation will be revoked, and they will need to apply again.
Pre-2019 Accreditation fees (for institutions in the accreditation process before November 2019 and until the end of their review cycle):
- Candidate and Accredited members: 800€ per year (this fee includes one accredited programme)
- Candidate and Accredited members: 40€ per student per year (this will increase to 50€ per student in 2022).
- Each added programme: 150€ per year