The ECTE is committed to undergo an external review at least once every five years in order to demonstrate their compliance with the ESG (see ESG 3.7).
This page features the reports following the external review of ECTE.
Agency Review Report ECTE 2021. This review report analyses the compliance of the European Council for Theological Education (ECTE) with the Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in the European Higher Education Area (ESG). The report is based on a desk analysis (a study of the ECTE Self Assessment Report 2021 and other material provided to the review panel) as well as a virtual site visit conducted between the 14th-17th of June 2021 using online tools. The review process was coordinated by the ASIIN e.V., based in Germany. The report was submitted in 2021 to the European Quality Assurance Register (EQAR) for inclusion in the register.
In September 2020 the ECTE applied for inclusion in the European Quality Assurance Register (EQAR).
- The application of 11/09/2020 adhered to the requirements of the EQAR Procedures for Applications.
- The Register Committee confirmed eligibility of the application (tripartite Terms of Reference) on 2020-11-23, having considered clarification received from the review coordinator on 2020-11-09.
- The ECTE submitted its Self Assessment Report against the European Standards and Guidelines and hosted a site visit 14-17/06/2021.
- The Register Committee considered the External Review Report of 06/08/2021 on the compliance of ECTE with the Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in the European Higher Education Area (ESG, 2015 version).
- The Register Committee further considered the additional information and documentation concerning the changes introduced after the completion of the external review.
- The Register Committee sought and received clarification from the chair of the review panel.
- In 2021, the Register Committee postponed the consideration of the application until March 2022 in light of an ongoing policy consultation of EQAR governmental members on questions related to alternative providers.
- On 16/03/2022, the Register Committee Deferred a Decision and invited ECTE to make additional representation on the grounds for possible rejection. The Register Committee considered ECTE’s Additional Representation received on 18/05/2022.
- On 22/07/2022, the Register Committee Rejected ECTE’s application on the grounds of non-compliance to ESG 2.1, and partial compliance to ESG 3.1 and 3.3.
- On 13/09/2022 the ECTE applied for focused review to demonstrate full ESG compliance. A Focused Self Assessment Report was submitted for a site visit on 23/11/2022.
- A new external report focusing on ESG 2.1, 3.1, and 3.3 will be submitted to the EQAR Committee in January 2023 for a decision in February 2023.