This area organises everything that VET panel members (also know as peer experts) need in one place and provides links to resources, forms and training opportunities. Content in this area is linked to other parts of the site.
General documents for VETs
- Guidelines for Site Visits: this is the foundational document for all site visits, containing visitation procedures, guidelines for peer experts/VET panel members, specific guidance for online visits and guidance on producing Review Reports)
- Criteria and Procedures for ECTE Accreditation: this is the document that outlines the ECTE’s accreditation procedures the place of site visits. It is important that VETs are familiar with this document in order to be able to provide guidelines to institutions and answer procedural questions.
- Standards and Guidelines for ECTE Accreditation: this is the basic document that explains standards whereby institutions and programmes should be evaluated and that form the foundation of VET compliance judgements.
- Further QA guidance for specific accreditation contexts can be found in the Supplemental Guidelines (e.g. distance education, formal, non-formal and informal learning, using ECTS, etc).
Getting started as a VET
- The VET Application form is to be used by candidate peer experts wishing to be nominated and listed as ECTE VET members.
- No Conflict of Interest Declaration you should complete, sign and send this document to email@example.com
- Peer Expert Perspectives. If you are a new VET, kindly complete this form to update your perspectives as a peer expert.
- VET listing is where the ECTE’s peer experts are listed once their application has been approved.
- Initial training for regular VETs will take place through the ICETE Academy course ECTE VET Training. Occasional student VETs will be trained through the ICETE Academy course Occasional Student VETs. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive instructions on how to register for this course. The course is free of cost to ECTE VETs.
- It is suggested that all VETs register for the ECTE website. Once you have registered your account, please use the login button on the top left side of the home page.
During a site visit
- You should use the general documents listed above, paying particular attention to the procedures listed in the Guidelines for Site Visits.
- Two months before the site visit, you will receive specific documentation to the information related to the institution/programme you are visiting. In particular, you will receive a Self Evaluation Report from the institution corresponding to the kind of visit involved (institutional accreditation, programme accreditation, cyclical review or dual accreditation). It may help you to consult the Guidelines for Producing Self-evaluation Reports that institutions use in order to know what to expect.
- VETs will use the following worksheets to take notes before and during the site visit, and then cooperate with the VET Leader and the Review Secretary in compiling the final Review Report. Please use the form that is appropriate to the visit you are conducting:
After the site visit
- You will participate in producing the Review Report. The Review Secretary will lead this process using the Review Report Template that will be compiled on the basis of your Review Report Worksheets (these pages are extracted here for your convenience from the Guidelines for Site Visits).
- It is very important that you provide Visitation Feedback after the site visit. This will allow the ECTE to improve its own quality assurance procedures.
- Reimbursement/Honoraria Requests form to be used for reimbursements for ECTE-related costs (e.g. travel costs) and for requesting payment of honorarium.
5-year VET training strategy
- Autumn/Winter 2020: training for regular VETs for post-2019 site visits through the ICETE Academy course ECTE VET Training.
- Autumn 2021: VET training workshops during the ECTE General Assembly.
- Summer 2023: refresher course through the ICETE Academy
- Autumn 2023: VET training workshops during the ECTE General Assembly.
- Autumn 2025: extended VET training event in conjunction with the ECTE General Assembly
- Visit by visit: if no regular student VETs are available, occasional student VETs will be recruited and trained through the ICETE Academy course Occasional Student VETs.
- Visit by visit: the Review Secretary will collect feedback from review panels following visits and use it to communicate to all VETs issues of good practice or of criticality.