In 2019, new Standards and Guidelines for ECTE Accreditation and new Criteria and Procedures were presented to the ECTE General Assembly. These came into effect for all new ECTE accreditation activities since December 2019. This page publishes materials relative to pre-2019 accreditation standards and procedures useful for the transition stage.
The ECTE Manual (pre-2019)
The ECTE Manual – 6th Edition, 2018 is organized in six main parts. The first defines the Identity and the Mission of the ECTE which, in addition to its historic distinctiveness as an accreditation association, is evolving in its self-understanding as a network of European theological institutions. The second part is dedicated to Membership, and describes the standards and procedures for membership in the ECTE. The third part contains vital information about ECTE Accreditation, from procedures, stages and standards and guidelines in preparing a Self Evaluation Report. The fourth part groups together several important Appendices, the fifth part contains several Forms that will be needed in different stages and the last part contains Visitation Guidelines.
Schools interested in ECTE accreditation will make use of the entire manual, while schools interested only in becoming part of the ECTE network will need to consult the first and second chapters and selected appendices. The 2018, 6th edition of the ECTE Manual does not contain any substantial modifications on standards or procedures from the 2012, 5th Edition, but important additions and improvements have been made.
Click on the following links to download the desired form:
- ECTE Membership Application form (to be used by schools and associate organisations applying for membership)
- ECTE Preliminary Questionnaire(to be used by schools applying for Candidacy)
- ECTE Annual Progress Report (APR) (to be used by accredited and candidate schools for annual reporting on programmes, for indicating changes and for requesting formal advice from the Accreditation Commission on prospected plans. This form is also used to report student numbers for invoicing purposes)
- ECTE School Review Form (to be used by VETs to report to the Accreditation Director on Candidacy and Accreditation visitations
- ECTE Visitation Evaluation Form(to be used by schools to evaluate VETs after reviews)
- ECTE Summary Assessment Form(to be used by Accrediting Council to summarize and publish reports)
- ECTE Abbreviated Self Evaluation Report for Dual Accreditation (to be used by schools with other accreditation or validation requesting dual accreditation with the ECTE)
- ECTE Certificate Order Form (to be used by accredited schools to order certificates for graduates)