The ECTE is a cross-border, subject-specific quality assurance agency conducting reviews of institutions and higher education programmes in the discipline of theology. ECTE quality assurance activities fall within the scope of the European Standards and Guidelines (ESG) and include: Institutional and Programme accreditation.
As a cross-border agency, the ECTE determines the quality and level of learning opportunities at EQF levels 5, 6 and 7 but does not determine the status of institutions nor their ability to award formal degrees.
Visit the following sections of the ECTE website to learn more about ECTE quality assurance activities:
- The ECTE Accreditation section provides more information about the nature, scope and international value of ECTE accreditation.
- The Review Directory lists general information (including institutional status), institutional accreditation information and programme accreditation information. Full review reports and decisions are also published.
- The Criteria and Procedures for ECTE accreditation, featuring the procedures for quality assurance.
- The Standards and Guidelines for ECTE accreditation, featuring ECTE’s accreditation standards and the ECTE Certification Framework.
- The Supplemental Guidelines section, featuring specific guidelines on internal QA policies, dual and joint accreditation, information packages, special access, production of the Diploma Supplement, recognition of formal, non-formal and informal learning, distance and online education, programme design and using ECTS, distinguishing research and practice-oriented programmes and site visits and VETs (including guidance for online site visits), double credit counting, concept accreditation for new programmes and institutional status and qualification nomenclature.
- The Forms section, including accreditation application forms, annual progress reports (APRs), no conflict-of-interest declaration forms, annual staff review forms, visitation feedback forms, and VET application forms.