Associate membership is open to 1) non-formal, non-tertiary providers of theological education, 2) individuals or 3) organizations (such as an association of theological institutions, a theological association, a church, a denomination or a mission) that have vested interest in theological education. Associate members have a voice but no vote in the General Assembly.
The fundamental criteria for Associate Membership in the ECTE are:
- The applicant is a non-formal tertiary provider of theological education, an individual or an organization (such as an association of theological institutions, a theological association, a church, a denomination or a mission) that has a vested interest in theological education;
- The applicant adheres to the ECTE Core Values (see Appendix A);
- The applicant is recognised as an evangelical organisation;
- The applicant agrees to pay regular ECTE membership fees
The following steps lead to achieving regular Membership in the ECTE:
- Submission of a Membership Application Form to the ECTE General Secretary specifying the intent to be accredited and provision of the required documentation (see http://ecte.eu/network/manual-policies-and-forms/);
- The ECTE Council (meeting twice a year in spring and autumn) deliberates on applications;
- The ECTE General Secretary notifies the applicant either of membership approval or of further steps that need to be taken;
- The ECTE Treasurer invoices the yearly membership fees.
- The applicant may include the statement “Associate Member of the European Council for Theological Education (ECTE)” or equivalent expression in publications and use the ECTE logo.
The ECTE reserves the right to refuse or revoke Associate membership to applicants do not comply with its Core Values (see 1.1.3). Appeals may be made following the policy laid out in the ECTE website (see www.ECTE.org/appeals).
All documents and forms are to be sent digitally, in English, by email to the ECTE addresses provided (translation provisions can be discussed for institutions whose main language of delivery is not English). Official communication from the ECTE will also occur by email. It is the responsibility of the institution to inform the ECTE of the email addresses that will be used in the accreditation process.
|Associate Membership||ò Applicant sends Membership Application Form||Applicant to General Secretary|
|ò Council deliberates on Membership||ECTE Council|
|ò Applicant is informed of outcome||General Secretary to Applicant|
|ò Applicant pays membership fees||Treasurer invoices Applicant annually|
- Membership Application Form (form used by the institution for membership application);
- Identity, Activities and Organisation of the ECTE (document describing membership rights and advantages, statutes and bylaws, ECTE core values);
- The applicant: submits the Membership Application Form and the required documentation; subscribes to ECTE core values; pays membership fees.
- The ECTE General Secretary (GS): receives the Membership Application Form and presents it to the ECTE Council; notifies of application outcome; in case of positive outcome, provides logo and includes institution in the ECTE Associate Members directory; in case of negative outcome, provides further guidance and receives appeals.
- The ECTE Council: makes decisions on membership.
- The ECTE Treasurer: invoices member schools yearly.
For a general introduction to the ECTE see Introducing the ECTE. For an overview of ECTE membership criteria and procedures see Criteria and Procedures for ECTE Membership.