Location: Rome, Italy
Date: 28-30 November 2019
Topic: ‘Q’ (as in Quality), engaging quality in theological education in the European Higher Education Area
To register please use the form at the end of this page plus book your accommodation (see below)
The topic: ‘Q: it’s what we do’
The 2019 ECTE General Assembly will focus on quality in theological education in the European Higher Education Area (EHEA). This is a great opportunity to dialogue around issues of quality assurance and accreditation with experts and peers.
Particular attention will be given to the standards outlined in the European Standards and Guidelines (ESG) and to the implications for the ECTE of being being reviewed by the ENQA for inclusion in the European Quality Assurance Register Quality (EQAR).
The following topics will be considered in plenaries and focus groups with particular reference to the European Standards and Guidelines for quality assurance:
- Quality: a SWOT analysis (round table)
- Understanding and ESG review and the European Quality Assurance Register (EQAR)
- Quality as student-centered education (ESG 1.3)
- Quality in student life cycle plans (ESG 1.4)
- Quality and internal culture and policy (ESG 1.1
- Quality and purposeful programme design (ESG 1.2)
- Quality in faculty employment, training and innovation (ESG 1.5)
- Quality as monitoring and review (ESG 1.9.and 1.10)
- Quality in resources and support (ESG 1.6)
- Quality in collecting, analyzing and using data (ESG 1.7)
- Quality and public information (ESG 1.8)
- During the General Assembly, the ECTE will celebrate 40 years of activity in quality assurance.
- All evening meals will be in Roman restaurants, with one evening featuring a brief walking tour.
- An optional longer walking tour of Rome is available for those wishing to stay an extra day.
We are pleased to welcome as our speakers Goran Dakovic (Reviews Manager of Eurpean Network for Quality Assurance – ENQA), Colin Tuck (Director European Quality Assurance Register – EQAR), Riccardo Cinquegrani (Director of Holy See’s Agency for the Evaluation and Promotion of Quality in Ecclesiastical Universities and Faculties – AVEPRO), QA officers from university-accredited theological schools in Europe and ECTE experts.
Given the tudent-centred education focus groups, we strongly encourage each school to bring along a student representative . Convenient accommodation for students is available in shared rooms in the Santo Spirito hostel.
Given the specific training and the number of topics that will be dealt with, each school is advised to bring along your QA officer or person responsible for accreditation oversight.
Given the location in the heart of Rome, why not also treat your spouse to a weekend in the Eternal City? Spouses are welcome to all meetings but are also free to roam Rome.
The venue – Rome
Our main venue will be the Istituto Maria Bambina nunnery with a fantastic view over St. Peter’s square (Via San Paolo VI, 21 Rome). We will have all our meetings and noon meal here. Evening meals will be organised in downtown Rome. The nunnery has 60 rooms for accommodation and these will be assigned on a first come, first served basis. Further accommodation is available in nearby hotels or in shared rooms in an adjacent hostel.
- €175 registration and all meals (pay to ECTE)
- €80 – €42 accomodation+breakfast per night (pay directly to nunnery, hostel or hotel, prices will vary depending on the type of accommodation you choose).
- €35 per person, walking Rome our + meal (this is optional and on Saturday afternoon). In addition to the tour cost you will need to book for an additional night in your chosen accomodation facility
Book your accomodation
You will need to register both for the ECTE General Assembly and book your accomodation directly.
- Register with the ECTE using the Registration Form below (you will be invoiced by the ECTE for registration, meals and tour).
- Book your accomodation by email, quoting ‘ECTE Conference’ to ensure our agreed fees. You can select any of the following arranged in price from lower to higher.
- Casa Santo Spirito hostel (shared rooms): firstname.lastname@example.org (1 min walk)
- Istituto Maria Bambina nunnery (single or double): email@example.com (meeting venue)
- Casa Tra Noi hotel*** : firstname.lastname@example.org (10 min walk)
- You are free to reserve independently in nearby hotels, but remember that all our meals will be together so only book room and breakfast.