In compliance with the European Standards and Guidelines (ESG 3.4), the ECTE has begun (since 2020) to systematically use outputs from accreditation and quality assurance activities for analysis to infer developmental and enhancement needs in the sector. Please consult the ECTE Thematic Analysis – Strategic Plan 2020-2025 (to be approved and published November 2020).
- The ECTE has begun to conduct thematic analysis in 2020 and the first projects will soon be published here.
- Gender Distribution in Theological Education. Thematic analysis to be published November, 2020. This project identifies trends in the participation of women in postgraduate studies and as faculty members in theological schools, with a particular focus on schools in the MENA region. Researcher: Grace AlZoughbi.
- Development of Teaching Staff. Thematic analysis to be published November, 2020. This project provides insights into trends in the sector of theological education concerning standard 1.5 of the ESG, and indicates areas of improvement in ECTE processes to promote the professional development of teaching staff and encouraging scholarly activity. Researcher: ECTE staff
- Perspectives of VET members. Thematic analysis to be published November, 2020. This brief project analyses the current state and shows areas of development and improvement of QA processes related to the breadth of perspectives of ECTE’s peer experts.
- The Vision and Mission of Theological Schools in Europe 2010-2020. This project that expands the intelligence in the sector, and is undertaken in collaboration with the International Council for Evangelical Theological Education. Researcher: TBA
Thematic analysis is conducted by ECTE staff and by outsourcing e.g. involving research students). The Thematic Analysis Project Application Form is be used for those that have been invited to undertake thematic analysis on behalf of the ECTE. All projects will need be approved by the ECTE Council and remuneration will be considered.